These cookies are fresh out of the oven! Well, 10 minutes ago ? I cooled them down before I snapped a picture ? But still, 10 mins equals to fresh ?
My husband, ladies and gents. Earlier he said, hey, you should share recipes on TikTok! Am like….what the hell. I don’t even have time for Instagram that I deleted my account there, and this guy wants me to be online on TikTok ????
Apparently his coworkers are often on TikTok, and only now he learned that TikTok is the bomb, while my littles been begging to have TikTok app on my phone for some years now ????
No thank you. Hive and YouTube are more than enough. I may even jump back on Dtube and 3Speak, than YouTube ?
Back to recipe sharing!
You can top the following cookies with any jam/preserve you like! If you feel like, meh, I do not like baking soda after taste much, The Kitchen Fairy! Use 1 tsp only, works fine ?
1 1/4 c enriched flour
A pinch of salt
2 tsp BSoda
2/3 c dessicated coconut (medium) – can use sweetened, if you prefer sweeter cookies!
1/2 c demerara style brown sugar
1/2 c unsalted butter
4 tbsp liquid whole egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
Click vid for steps!
Coconut Strawberry Thumbprint
- 1 1/4 c enriched flour
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tsp BSoda
- 2/3 c desiccated coconut medium – can use sweetened, if you prefer sweeter cookies!
- 1/2 c demerara style brown sugar
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp liquid whole egg
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Strawberry jam
- Mix dry ingredients in a blow
- Cream butter and sugar until pale
- Beat in egg until just combine
- Beat in essence
- Fold in dry ingredients
- Using ice cream scoop or cookie dough scoop, shape into a ball
- Press center with thumb
- Drop jam in center
- Bake at preheated 350 F, 12-15 mins
- Cool on pan 1-2 mins, then cool completely on rack