Saying hello to you from my car, atm ? I lost a pair of my gloves btw. I just had them in my hands, on the way to the car. Spotted a hand sanitizer, I took off my gloves, placed them into my hand bag, sanitized my hands, while slowly walking out of the work place and once I arrived at the car, the gloves were nowhere to be found ? I looked everywhere in any pockets of the bag, my winter cost pockets too, even looked back to the side walks and nada ? Am sad ????
So I warmed up the car and headed to my boys’ school and thought, meh, lemme just share a recipe vlog now instead thinking where/when/how the gloves ditched me ?
Today’s baking is so yummy and buttery. It is chocolate frosted oat bar, with a hint of caramel. With the salt amount added, makes it almost like salted caramel goodies ???? However, if you don’t like caramel, the bars are good without as well!
3/4 c old fashioned rolled oat
3/4 c flour
Salt to taste (1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, up to you, up to 1 scant tsp)
1 c demerara style brown sugar
1 c unsalted butter
3/4 c toffee bits such as Skorr (optional)
1 bag dark chocolate chips
Another kids and adult males approved ?
Steps in the vid!
Choc Frosted Oat Bars
- 3/4 c old fashioned rolled oat
- 3/4 c flour
- Salt to taste 1/4 tsp, 1/2 tsp, up to you, up to 1 scant tsp
- 2 yolks
- 1 c demerara style brown sugar
- 1 c unsalted butter
- 3/4 c toffee bits such as Skorr optional
- 1 bag dark chocolate chips
- Mix flour, oat and salt in a bowl
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy and pale
- Beat in yolks until just combined
- Fold in dry ingredients, dump onto parchment paper line rectangular pan
- Press as base
- Sprinkle toffee all over, bake on preheated 375 F for 12-15 mins
- Cool completely
- Melt choc chips in microwave, spread onto base
- Let cool for 30 mins at least, before slicing