It is warmer today, only -35 C, woo-hoo!
I have a story to share. I just arrived home from dropping off my boys to school. It is only 8.53 AM here and Winter days mean morning is always dark, right. Well on the drive to school, boys and I saw a white truck stuck in the snow. I was saying, oh shoot, mommy cannot help, that is a deep snow bank they drove to. But on the way home after dropping off the boys, I drove the same way, and saw the truck was still stuck, trying to get out. So I naturally stopped my car and approached it and offered a help. I couldn’t see the driver, a male or a female. The window is tinted and plus, dark morning.
He opened his door and said, “you push”, when I said anything I can help? So I went to the back of the car, put my thumb up signaling am good to push, he didn’t do no shit. I put my thumb up again, nothing. Waiting for a bit, finally he hit the gas. Truck still didn’t wanna move.
He opened door and said push from the front. I went to the front, and came out another guy from the truck, and I was like, the fuck. You had someone, a guy nonetheless, in the truck and didn’t help pushing? Weird. But then I realized the guy looked drunk or maybe high. Idk.
So we both pushed. Nothing happened. Then the driver said, you drive, I push. And I was like (in my head), gee no thanks. You guys look scary enough, sure I shouldn’t judge, but the fuck.
I said, sorry. I have to go to work. And hurried to my car and locked myself inside and quickly drove away.
I could have been kidnapped!
No more being nice 😬😬😬😬
Anyhoo! Check out these nice buns 😍
2 handful raisins
Freshly squeezed 1/2 of an orange
70 g unsalted butter
5 c enriched flour
1/4 c sugar
A pinch of fine sea salt
4 tsp instant yeast
1/4 c sour cream
1/4 c almond milk, at a time (watch the vlog)
250 g turo (farmers cheese)
3 tbsp sugar
Beaten yolk/an egg/egg white/milk, for brushing
Click vlog for the steps 😊
- 2 handful raisins
- Freshly squeezed 1/2 of an orange
- 70 g unsalted butter
- 5 c enriched flour
- 1/4 c sugar
- A pinch of fine sea salt
- 4 tsp instant yeast
- 1 egg
- 1/4 c sour cream
- 1/4 c almond milk at a time (watch the vlog)
- 250 g turo farmers cheese
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Beaten yolk/an egg/egg white/milk for brushing
- Wet raisins with orange juice, microwave to soften, 30-40 secs
- Melt butter in microwave
- In a bowl, mix dry ingredients
- Add in the egg, melted butter, sour cream, and milk (1/4 c at a time)
- Knead dough, adding milk as needed
- Cream turo with egg and sugar, stir in the soften raisins
- Roll flat the dough, cut into squares, place enough filling in center
- Shape into parcels
- Place parcels on baking pan, brush with beaten egg, beaten yolk, beaten egg white, or milk
- Bake on preheated 350 F for 20-25 mins