Anyone’s still up? ????
It’s half past 10 PM here and I am still up, meh ? I planned to do many things in the kitchen today, but the oldest baby in the house – read, my husband ? insisted that we walked to the forest while it wasn’t -30 C. Yep. Today was the last day of “warmer” Winter ? Starting tomorrow we are seeing -30 C without the windchill. Am so scared ????
Yeah….my plans fell through. I only did 3 things out of many I listed to do, as I ran out if time. Time for bed already. Meh.
I was like….okay then, everyone went to bed, I better stop banging pans and dropping glasses to the floor (?), must not wake nobody, right. So yeah, here I am, blogging on Hive ?
Today’s recipe is how to make your own cheese! Normally I would use full fat milk, but this time I used 2% milk and it still worked awesomely. In fact, I already used the cheese (earlier today) for some baked goods ???
4 L 2% Milk (watch the vlog – I used bottled milk, about 8 1/2 bottles to be exact ?)
1 L 3.25% buttermilk (actually, the commercial carton shows only 946 ml ?)
Cheesecloth – of course ?
Click to see the steps and may you have a good rest tonight ????
- 4 L 2% Milk watch the vlog – I used bottled milk, about 8 1/2 bottles to be exact ?
- 1 L 3.25% buttermilk actually, the commercial carton shows only 946 ml ?
- Pour milk and buttermilk into oven proof pot
- Cover and let stand at room temperature over night
- Bake on preheated 200 F for 8 H the next day
- Pour on cheesecloth lined strainer
- Drain whey, leaving the cheese on the cheesecloth
- Place into a container, chill until ready to use or consume