Hello, Hello, Hello!
Have I ever mentioned that I drive a super old car? ’94 Toyota. I love it. Unlike New cars, I find most of them give me a lot of blindside (for a short person like me), so am hanging onto this old car of mine until she dies….or so I hope.
The problem with this car of mine. As it’s old, we can’t have auto start. Well, we can, but the price to install is more than the car itself ? So every Winter is shit. Top that when I work night shift. While all colleagues auto start to warm their cars, they just hop on their cars and drive away, I have to warm mine manually, sit in the car 20-25 mins, because I can’t leave the car, right, and then lights around the parking lot darkened, and boom, I’d end up dead. Like seriously. Kidnapped, dead, somewhere in between. It’s dangerous.
Plus…when it’s bloody cold, the door(s) is either won’t shut or worse, it won’t open. Yep. Standing there, under dim lights, waiting for someone or a bear ambush me from behind, while trying to open the door. Fuck.
Come on Hive. When will you give me a new car.
Jeebus. I meant to share recipe but look at me. Typing rubbish ????
Come try this raisin and cottage cheese filled crepes. They are out of this world if I may say so myself ????
1 c milk
1 tbsp vanilla essence
4 c flour
6 tbsp sugar
1/2 – 1 tsp fine sea salt
At least 1 c hot water (watch the vid)
6 tbsp sunflower oil
3/4 c turo (Hungarian cottage cheese/farmers cheese)
1/3 c sour cream
1/2 c icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp lemon juice
Steps in the vid!
- 6 eggs
- 1 c milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 4 c flour
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 – 1 tsp fine sea salt
- At least 1 c hot water watch the vid
- 6 tbsp sunflower oil
- 3/4 c turo Hungarian cottage cheese/farmers cheese
- 1/3 c sour cream
- 1/2 c icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Raisins optional
- Mix turo, sour cream, icing sugar, essence, and juice, until completely combined. Chill – if you’d like, you can mix in raisins now or add as part of filling, later on.
- Whisk egg, milk and essence, set aside
- Mix flour, sugar, salt
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients
- Pour in hot water and oil
- Let rest, then add in more hot water if needed
- Brush non stick pan with oil or butter, make crepes
- Fill with turo, serve