Hello, Hello, Hello!
Raise your hands if you like chocolate and coffee, friends ?♀️??♂️
This morning I started making Christmas cookies parcels to send over to colleagues. I have baked 4 differ cookies so far, so that should have given me 4 varieties, right, but nope. My cookie monsters mistakenly grabbed one of the containers that were meant to be given away, so am missing 1 cookie. Darn it ?
So far I have shared 3 cookies to you, but last night just before bed, I baked the 4th. My favorite! Kahlua/coffee flavored cookies ????
Sometimes I glazed the cookies with white chocolate, some other time I added nuts, leave them as is, or glazed them with icing sugar like the following.
If you have coffee essence or flavoring, even better!
1 c of enriched flour
2 tsp of Kopiko (or 1 tsp espresso granules)
1 tsp BSoda
A generous pinch of fine sea salt
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2/3 c unsalted butter
1/2 c demerara style brown sugar
4 tbsp liquid whole egg
1 heaping tsp Kahlua (as my kids like these cookies too, only 1 tsp, otherwise more, PLUS coffee paste/essence ????)
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
90 g semi sweet chocolate chips
1 – 1 1/3 c icing sugar
1-2 tsp Kopiko (or 1 tsp espresso granules)
2 tbsp warm water (or Kahlua ????)
Steps in the vid!
Coffee Glazed Kahlua Cookies
- 1 c of enriched flour
- 2 tsp of Kopiko or 1 tsp espresso granules
- 1 tsp BSoda
- A generous pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2/3 c unsalted butter
- 1/2 c demerara style brown sugar
- 4 tbsp liquid whole egg
- 1 heaping tsp Kahlua as my kids like these cookies too, only 1 tsp, otherwise more, PLUS coffee paste/essence ????
- 1/4 tsp vanilla essence
- 90 g semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 – 1 1/3 c icing sugar
- 1-2 tsp Kopiko or 1 tsp espresso granules
- 2 tbsp warm water or Kahlua ????
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- Melt choc chips in microwave
- Cream butter and sugar until creamy and pale
- Beat in eggs, Kahlua and essence for 1 min
- Mix in melted chocolate chips
- Mix in dry ingredients
- Divide into 2 dough (wet and sticky dough), form into logs, wrap in cling wrap
- Chill for at least 2 H
- Slice chilled dough and place on greased pan
- Bake on preheated 325 F oven until edges firm and browning, 12-15 mins
- Cool on pan for 1-2 mins, move to rack
- Glaze cookies
- Mix icing sugar, Kopiko and water
- Drizzle on cookies