Today is cold. Only 13 C. We are looking at tons of rains for the next 2 weeks. Signs of Autumn for sure. I-do-not like it ? But the rains will definitely help to die down the wildfires around BC. So that’s a positive side.
Earlier I caught 2 magpies and a crow, eating fruits from the cherry trees ? I have to harvest them soon.
Last year we couldn’t harvest nothing as birds ate them all. This year we covered the trees with net, and them naughties know how to get the fruits from under the net. Wowzer ?
I have mini apple pies to share today. The apple tree this year are giving way smaller fruits compared to last year. All these plants have their own minds, I guess. Tons of fruits, no fruits, growing nicely, dead. Idk ?
Back to the recipe!
1 c AP flour
1 c strong baker’s enriched flour
25 g golden shortening
85 g unsalted butter
2 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp sugar
A pinch of fine sea salt, nutmeg powder, allspice powder, cinnamon powder
1/2 c cold milk
Apple pie filling, store bought or homemade
1 egg, beaten (can use whole egg, or just white or just yolk)
Sugar or sprinkles
Steps in the vid ?
Mini Apple Pies
- 1 c AP flour
- 1 c strong baker’s enriched flour
- 25 g golden shortening
- 85 g unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- A pinch of fine sea salt nutmeg powder, allspice powder, cinnamon powder
- 1/2 c cold milk
- Apple pie filling store bought or homemade
- 1 egg beaten (can use whole egg, or just white or just yolk)
- Sugar or sprinkles
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- Knead in shortening and butter
- Pour in milk, knead more
- Roll and cut into portions
- Place apple pie in center
- Poke holes
- Chill in freezer for 15 mins
- Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar before baking
- Bake on preheated 425 F