I have a very simple dish to share today, from Indonesia. A refreshing soup for Summer time, delish for Winter time. Basically for whenever, it’s a nice soup ?
In Indonesia normally we would use regular fresh spinach (leaf and stalk), but for the vlog today, I used chopped spinach leaves, and frozen, in fact. That being said, this soup is called Sayur Bening a.k.a Clear Soup in English, but with chopped leaves, the soup isn’t clear ?
Delish nevertheless, but maybe not so Indonesian ????
1 block of frozen, chopped spinach
20 baby carrots
1 small onion
2 cherry tomatoes
1 tin of sweet corn kernels (peaches and cream)
5 c water
Sugar and salt to taste
Fried onion for serving, optional
Fried chicken, nuggets, tempeh, optional
Warm rice for serving with, optional
Steps on the vid!
- 1 block of frozen chopped spinach
- 20 baby carrots
- 1 garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 1 tin of sweet corn kernels peaches and cream
- 5 c water
- Sugar and salt to taste
- Fried onion for serving optional
- Fried chicken nuggets, tempeh, optional
- Warm rice for serving with optional
- Bring water to boil
- Slice carrots, garlic, onion
- Halve tomatoes
- Drop in veggies, boil until carrots soften
- Add in garlic and onion, followed with corn
- Season with sugar and salt
- Drop in tomatoes
- Serve with rice, chicken popcorn, and sprinkled with fried onion