We have a long weekend here, yay! Boys are home which is just perfect as today is just too gloomy and cold ? It was a good mornign, cuddling the boys. I wonder until what age when a mother would stop thinking they are babies as I still seem them as babies ?
Taking a break from the piano. I have a mochi recipe to share. Yes, I bet once you hear mochi, immediately Japan crossed your mind, but in Indonesia we also have traditional mochi, especially in Yogyakarta ????
Since regardless the snowing days it is still pumpkin season, here is pumpkin mochi ?
I prepared them for instructables.com contest, which I did not win 😛
• 2 c packed pumpkin puree, reserve 3 tbsp
• 5 tbsp sugar
• A pinch of ground nutmeg
• A pinch of ground
• A pinch of ground cinnamon
• 110 g glutinous rice flour
• 65 g sugar
• a pinch of salt
• 130-150 ml water
Steps in the vids!
- 2 c packed pumpkin puree reserve 3 tbsp
- 5 tbsp sugar
- A pinch of ground nutmeg
- A pinch of ground
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- 110 g glutinous rice flour
- 65 g sugar
- a pinch of salt
- 130-150 ml water
- Stir fry pumpkin puree with sugar and spices, until thickened and caramelized, set aside to cool
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, water and reserved pumpkin
- Cover with cling wrap and microwave
- Dump dough on cornstarch and pinch to portions
- Fill center with caramelized pumpkin and chill before serving