I was reminiscing the time when my family and I were at San Ysidro. So many Mexican goodies that were so mouth watering. In short, damn, I miss traveling 🥴🥴🥴🥴
How’s everyone doing today? We have some sun at last. Goddamn raining for couple of days, but now we have some sun 🌞🌝🌞🌝
Today I have Mexican inspired cookies.
Mexican baked goods are heavy on eggs and lard/butter, I learned.
So even though in my head I wanted to make real Galletas de Grageas (sometimes typed as Galletas con Grageas), these cookies of mine are without lard/butter or eggs, so I have to say, they are inspired instead 🤣
1 c icing sugar
1 c vegetable oil
1 tsp Mexican vanilla blend
1/4 c cornstarch
2 c all purpose flour
Sprinkles of your choice, but common is 100s and 100s it seems, guess they are the Grageas? Not sure! ✌😂✌😂
Complete steps can be seen on the video!
Thanks for looking!
Galletas con Grageas (Mexican Cookies)
- 1 c icing sugar
- 1 c vegetable oil
- 1 tsp Mexican vanilla blend
- 1/4 c cornstarch
- 2 c all purpose flour
- 100 s and 1000s sprinkles
- Mix icing sugar with oil and vanilla in a bowl
- Mix cornstarch and flour on a separate bowl
- Mix dry ingredients into wet ingredients, knead
- Pinch a dough, shape into a ball, roll in sprinkles, then flatten it
- Bake on preheated 350 F convection oven for 12 mins