Today I am touching base with the members of Indonesia community, as part of my venturing the communities I joined awhile back but had not really browsed around much, yet ?
I see that the community do not really have new posts, what is up Indonesia? You guys are still active on Hive, I hope? ?
As my 1st post on the community, lemme begin with a food post, as that is what I am, full of food ?
This following cake is actually called Wajik/Wajit in Indonesia, not The Hulk ? My 6 yo son named it as The Hulk, of course due to the color ?
The food coloring on the following cake is a natural food coloring that comes from Pandan (fragrant) leaf. It is not just green but also has authentic scent for your cooking and/or baking.
Normally the cake would use glutinous rice, palm sugar, coconut milk, and final result would be brown cake and sliced as diamond shape, hence it is called “wajik”.
The following tho, my quicky experiment, without glutinous rice, coconut milk nor brown sugar (palm sugar), just to see if my method would work or not, and it did ??
Which in other words, once you use coconut milk and brown sugar, much less hassle in making, woo-hoo!
Here are the ingredients!
3/4 c sticky rice (Japanese short grain)
1 tsp Pandan paste
A pinch of salt
1 pandan leaf, knotted
1/4 c + 2 tbsp sugar
2 – 2 1/2 c water
Vegetable oil for greasing
And for the steps and my silliness, you can check the video, here ?
- 3/4 c sticky rice Japanese short grain
- 1 tsp Pandan paste
- A pinch of salt
- 1 pandan leaf knotted
- 1/4 c + 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 – 2 1/2 c water
- Vegetable oil for greasing
- Soak rice in enough water for a couple of hours, rinse
- Place rice in a heatproof bowl add in water (2 c first, then add more when needed) and knotted pandan along with sugar, pandan paste, and salt
- Microwave until softened
- Grease a square pan with oil
- Once rice softened, pat tight and firmly into the pan
- Cool completely before slicing
- Check video for details 😀