Sunny day here, I repeat, we have a super sunny day ???? But yeah, snow is still visible on the ground everywhere, but still, SUNNY DAY.
On weekend it was terrible. Sleet, wet snow, big snow, rain. So came Monday, going to school and/or work was crazy. Cars slipping, even my youngest slipped as he was walking. But today? Beautiful ?
This following traditional cake is one of my faved. I miss it from time to time but lazy making them most of the time ????
Best if you can find saba banana, but plantains work just as good ?
2 cans coconut milk, @400 ml each
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 1/4 c rice flour
1 1/4 c sugar
Generous pinch of fine sea salt
2 – 3 plantains
Banana leaf for wrapping
Details in the vlog!
- 2 cans coconut milk @400 ml each
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 1/4 c rice flour
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- Generous pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 – 3 plantains
- Banana leaf for wrapping
- In a pot, mix coconut milk, essence, flour, sugar, salt
- Bring to boil to thicken
- Place some dough on a clean banana leaf, top with plantain slices, and top with a little dough covering plantain
- Wrap and steam until cooked well, 30 mins