Happy Saturday, Friends!
I have the cold, sadly. Couldn’t go to work on Friday as I was so dizzy. For sure followed with sneezing, runny nose, coughing, etc. My right ear is muffled too. So much joy. Stuck inside when it’s been sunny outside, boo-hoo ?
Last week we had same situation but with my oldest, this week is this momma’s turn then ? Crossing fingers that is it for this household. I mean, sunny days finally here, we need vitamin D, not stuck indoor, bed resting, right?!!!! ?????
Enough about me. I hope you guys have better luck, staying healthy ?
For today’s recipe, you definitely must try this crumb cake. Simple, easy, but my gosh, I got great raves from coworkers. Normally I baked it in a tube or bundt pan but this time I baked it individually in muffin forms, so it would be easier for me to pack to work. I think I’d rather bake them in muffin forms from now on ?
2 1/2 c enriched AP flour
1 c demerara sugar
1 c sugar
1 tsp nutmeg powder
1 scant tsp fine sea salt
3 1/4 c extra light olive oil
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp cinnamon powder + 1 tsp BSoda
1 c buttermilk
Click the vlog for details ?
- 2 1/2 c enriched AP flour
- 1 c demerara sugar
- 1 c sugar
- 1 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 scant tsp fine sea salt
- 3 1/4 c extra light olive oil
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder + 1 tsp BSoda
- 1 egg
- 1 c buttermilk
- Mix flour, sugars, nutmeg, salt in a bowl. Mix in olive oil
- Remove 1/2 c for crumb topping, mix in cinnamon powder, set aside
- In another bowl, mix cinnamon and soda, add in egg, and pour in buttermilk
- Pour this mixture onto dry mixture, mix to just combine
- Pour onto muffin pan, top with crumb topping
- Bake until skewer inserted comes out clean, at preheated 375 F, 30-40 mins