Happy New Year 2022, You Guys ?
Here is crossing fingers for a better year. Kinda skeptical though, especially just yesterday our provincial government out of the blue changed the date for the starting of back to school. It was supposed to be January 4th, now they postponed it to January 10th. VERY not fun for us, parents. Last minute announcement, scrambling for daycare and whatnot, as most of working parents supposed to return to work on January 4th (too). What a mess.
Gives me headache trying to figure what’s gonna happen. What I should do. I cannot ask my husband to stay home for a week, but I also cannot lengthen my hols for another week. Gaaaaah! Poor kids. Their education has been meh since pandemic started.
Look at this. 1st rant of 2022 ?
Let’s not ruin it even more. Back to recipe!
1 c unsalted butter (watch the vlog)
305 g turo (homemade Hungarian style farmers cheese – recipe a couple posts down)
3/4 c sugar
2 1/2 tsp BP
1 1/2 c enriched flour
A generous pinch fine sea salt
1 envelope vanilla sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 tsp water
1 1/2 handful milk chocolate, chocolate chips
Steps in the vid!
- 1 c unsalted butter watch the vlog
- 305 g turo homemade Hungarian style farmers cheese – recipe a couple posts down
- 3/4 c sugar
- 2 1/2 tsp BP
- 1 1/2 c enriched flour
- A generous pinch fine sea salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 envelope vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 tsp water
- 1 1/2 handful milk chocolate chocolate chips
- In a bowl, mix flour, salt, BP
- In another separate bowl, cream butter, turo, sugar and vanilla sugar
- Cream in eggs followed with essence and water.
- Beat in dry ingredients
- Batter will be super thick
- Dump onto greased and flour tube/bundt pan
- Bake on preheated 350 F for 40 mins or until knife inserted comes out clean
- Cool on pan 5-8 mins, invert to a cooling rack
- Once cake cooled completely, melt choc chips on microwave at 30 secs intervals
- Drizzle on cake, wait til harden, slice and serve