I feel like mombie today – read mom zombie ? I allow the boys to stay up a bit longer during the holidays, but I prefer my youngest to go to bed earlier than the oldest bro, right. He never wants to. He said if he (oldest) can do it, why can’t he (youngest) too.
Now. I cannot really fall asleep until I know both of them sleep as well. So my sleeps been almost non existent it feels.
They stay up very late and wake up very early.
So yeah. I feel so tired ? ? ? ?
Last night was something else. They already went to bed and I couldn’t fall asleep until closer to 1 AM. Then at 3sih, I was up already! Crazy.
I fell back asleep at 6 and at 8 already had to get up. So yeah…mombie ?
Back to these sweet rolls. Here are the ingredients!
1 1/2 walnut meal
2 tsp grated orange peel
1/3 c sugar
1/4 c water
Poppy Seeds Filling
1 c poppy seeds meal (finely ground)
1 handful raisins
1 1/2 tbsp grated orange peel
1/3-1/2 c whipped honey
Freshly squeeze of an orange juice
4 c enriched flour
1/4 c sugar
2 tsp instant yeast
Generous pinch of fine sea salt
1/2 c almond milk (with 1/4 c increments, as needed)
1 c unsalted butter
1/3 c sour cream
Click vid for steps ?
- 1 1/2 walnut meal
- 2 tsp grated orange peel
- 1/3 c sugar
- 1/4 c water
Poppy Seeds Filling
- 1 c poppy seeds meal finely ground
- 1 handful raisins
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated orange peel
- 1/3-1/2 c whipped honey
- Freshly squeeze of an orange juice
- 4 c enriched flour
- 1/4 c sugar
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- Generous pinch of fine sea salt
- 3 yolks
- 1/2 c almond milk (with 1/4 c increments as needed
- 1 c unsalted butter
- 1/3 c sour cream
- In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, yeast, salt
- Make a well in center
- Drop in yolks and milk, stir, either with wooden spoon or hand
- Knead in butter followed with sour cream
- Add in more milk, as needed, until mixture form into a nice dough, set aside
- In a pot, cook walnut, sugar, water, and orange peel until thickened, set aside
- In another pot, cook poppy seeds, raisin, honey, orange juice, until thickened, set aside
- Divide dough into two, roll flat each
- Spread filling on each dough, 1 dough for walnut, the other for poppy seed
- Poke holes all over and brush rolls with egg whites
- Bake on preheated 350 F for 40-60 mins