Today was -44 C instead -50 C, still crazy cold tho, and the worst part is, it will be like this for the next 2 weeks. Gosh darn it. We will be returning to school and to work in freaking crazy cold days. Meh ????
My husband is going back to work tomorrow, for 3 days at least, til NYE. He isn’t too happy with he temperature. I can imagine. I won’t want to go to work in this weather ????
Funny how we had warmer year this year, and people said we were so lucky, as normally we would start seeing snow in October, but now we are hit by -40ish to -50ish C, and people are shocked too, because -50 C is so rare for us as well ????
Anyhoo! Let’s talk about this following cake of mine.
Marble cake requested by my 8 yo. It was for his birthday and he requested it to be decorated as a game he likes on Roblox, Bee Swarm Simulator.
Should you have the chance to play the video on, you’d see how he decorated the cake himself ????
2 1/4 c enriched flour
1 c sugar
1 tsp BP
1/2 tsp BSoda
A generous pinch of fine sea salt
3/4 c unsalted butter
2/3 c sour cream
1/2 c almond milk
1 tbsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp almond essence
1/4 c cocoa powder
1 c unsalted butter
3/4 c cocoa powder
Fine sea salt (you want to balance the sugar, so adding a generous pinch at a time until it’s delish balanced)
3 c icing sugar
Rich’s frozen whipping cream, defrosted, enough to make the cream reach spreading consistency
1 bag white choc chips
Yellow gel food coloring
Gumpaste, food coloring, edible pen
Steps in the vid!
Marble Cake with Chocolate Buttercream
- 2 1/4 c enriched flour
- 1 c sugar
- 1 tsp BP
- 1/2 tsp BSoda
- A generous pinch of fine sea salt
- 3/4 c unsalted butter
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 c sour cream
- 1/2 c almond milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp almond essence
- 1/4 c cocoa powder
- 1 c unsalted butter
- 3/4 c cocoa powder
- Fine sea salt you want to balance the sugar, so adding a generous pinch at a time until it’s delish balanced
- 3 c icing sugar
- Rich’s frozen whipping cream defrosted, enough to make the cream reach spreading consistency
- 1 bag white choc chips
- Yellow gel food coloring
- Gumpaste food coloring, edible pen
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- Beat in butter, followed with eggs, and sour cream
- Cream in milk, followed with essences
- Divide batter into 2, mix in cocoa powder into one
- Drop batter into parchment lined pan and swirl into marble effect (8 inch pan, or 2 8 inch pan, or 3 6 inch pan – adjusting baking time)
- Bake on preheated 325 F until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cool to room temperature before slicing in center into bottom and top cake (if using only 1 8 inch pan)
- Beat butter and cocoa, adding icing sugar a cup at a time and thin it with Rich's whipping cream until desired consistency (3 c icing sugar in total). Beat in salt now and then to balance the sweetness.
- Spread cream on a cake then top with another layer. Cover the whole cake with left over cream
- Melt chocolate and spread on clean bubble wrap, wait for 5 mins before attaching on side of cake. Chill til chocolate harden, then peel slowly and carefully
- Color gumpaste and make decoration that are related to the game and attach them on the cake or of chocolate collar by melting a little chocolate