Happy Thanksgiving Lovelies!
Yes, yes, it is Thanksgiving here in Canada. A whole month earlier than our American neighbor ? Our Winter comes earlier than USA, so our crops were harvested way earlier thus we have Thanksgiving in advance. But also, supposedly the history of our Thanksgiving is also differ to the Americans.
Some people would think Canadian Thanksgiving is Columbus Day, but that is not (totally) correct. Our Thanksgiving is never on the same exact date, but 2nd Monday of October. Which comes the confusion as Columbus Day in USA is also celebrated on 2nd Monday of October, however it is celebrated in different month in other countries ????
Nevertheless, happy turkey day to the Canadians who celebrate today ? ? ? ?
Today’s recipe is Indonesian style chicken satay, that is commonly served with peanut sauce. Yum!
3.5 kg chicken breast (watch the video)
200 g roasted unsalted peanuts
300 ml water (adding 100 ml at a time, watch the video)
3 candlenuts, no subs
10 Birdseye chilies (somehow I had a twisted tongue, saying 3 instead 10 in the video ?✌)
3-5 Indonesian sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
Brown sugar to taste
Salt to taste
MSG if using, to taste
3-4 tbsp peanut sauce
1/3 – 1/2 c water
3-4 tbsp sweet soy sauce
Steps in the video!
Sate Ayam Bumbu Kacang
- 3.5 kg chicken breast watch the video
- Bamboo skewers
- 200 g roasted unsalted peanuts
- 300 ml water adding 100 ml at a time, watch the video
- 3 candlenuts no subs
- 10 Birdseye chilies somehow I had a twisted tongue, saying 3 instead 10 in the video ?✌
- 3-4 shallots
- 2-3 garlic
- 3-5 Indonesian sweet soy sauce kecap manis
- Brown sugar to taste
- Salt to taste
- MSG if using to taste
- 3-4 tbsp peanut sauce
- 1/3 – 1/2 c water
- 3-4 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- Soak bamboo skewers in water
- In a food processor, process until super fine, peanuts, water, candlenuts, chilies, shallots, garlic
- Pour mixture into a pan, cook on low-medium heat
- Stir in kecap manis, brown sugar, salt and MSG, to taste
- Cube chickens and thread on skewers
- Mix ingredients for marinate
- Coat chicken with marinate, grill until well done
- Serve with peanut sauce