We had a nice rain yesterday. I was nervous that it was gonna be another huge hail kind thunderstorm, but it wasn’t. I did have to buy a sweater tho at the store as I parked far and didn’t wanna get wet ???? Come to think of it, I should have gotten umbrella instead since the store carry umbrella too, would have been cheaper than the sweater. In my defense, I do have 2 umbrellas in my car, just didn’t think it would rain, raining hard in fact, and that I parked far ? So I didn’t carry in umbrella with me to the store ????
Silly was. I purchased a bag, right. I was given a small plastic bag, so it didn’t cover the bag I purchased. It gotten some wetness. Meh. New bag, wet. I was more thinking of my head, so I was busy puting on the sweater and didn’t really think of the small plastic bag. My new bag ? Maybe I should return it and exchange. I don’t know yet. It was the only one I believe ?????
This morning is lovely, breezy and sunny. Tomorrow supposedly another case. Another rainy day ????
But you know me. It is a recipe sharing, not really about the weather ?
Today’s recipe is Bear Claws ?
1/4 c lukewarm evaporated milk
1/2 c sour cream
1/4 c golden vegetable shortening (butter flavor)
1/4 c brown sugar
1 heaping tbsp icing sugar
A pinch of fine sea salt
2 1/2 c baker’s flour enriched
4 tsp instant yeast
Cinnamon sugar spread
Steps on the vid!
- 1/4 c lukewarm evaporated milk
- 1/2 c sour cream
- 1/4 c golden vegetable shortening butter flavor
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 heaping tbsp icing sugar
- 1 egg
- A pinch of fine sea salt
- 2 1/2 c baker’s flour enriched
- 4 tsp instant yeast
- Cinnamon sugar spread
- Almond flour
- Milk powder
- Extra egg
- Slivered almonds
- Into a bread machine bowl, add ingredients in order given
- Choose dough cycle, or number 9
- Once dough is ready, dump onto a flat surface, shape into a log
- Roll flat log
- Spoon cinnamon sugar spread in center
- Sprinkle with milk powder and almond flour
- Folding up and bottom side onto center, covering filling
- Slice into portions
- Grab 1 portion, slice into 3 without slicing through (you can slice into 5 – for 5 fingers)
- Place onto baking tray
- Brush with beaten egg, sprinkle with slivered almond
- Bake on preheated 350 F until golden brown
- Cool on rack