Long time no see. I hope you have been superb! We have been having polar vortex, temperature dipped like crazy, its almost 2 weeks now, -40 to -43 C…but actually, yesterday it went up to -33 C. So yay. Still a week to go according the forecast, then we would have at least -20s ?
My car did not want to start. It was a pain. In the end we had to get a booster. My poor purse ?
Enough about me.
What you had been up to?
Happy Valentine’s Day, btw!
Bake this following heart shaped brownies for my two little Valentine’s, per my youngest’s request ?
It is flavored with toffee bits, it has hazelnuts, and it’s super extra fudgey.
88 g dark chocolates
35 g semi sweet chocolate chips
6 tbsp unsalted butter
3/4 c sugar
1 tsp Mexican vanilla
1/2 c strong baker’s flour
A super generous pinch of fine sea salt
1 handful semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 c toffee bits
1 bag whole hazelnuts, chopped
Extra Fudgey Toffee and Hazelnuts Brownies
- 88 g dark chocolates
- 35 g semi sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c sugar
- 1 tsp Mexican vanilla
- 1/2 c strong baker’s flour
- A super generous pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 handful semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 c toffee bits
- 1 bag whole hazelnuts chopped
- In a bowl, mix chocolates and butter, melt in microwave
- Let stand until lukewarm then stir in sugar and vanilla
- Whisk in egg one at a time
- Stir in flour and sea salt
- Fold in chips and toffee, plus hazelnuts
- Bake on preheated 350 F for at least 25 mins (surface should be shiny and nice, while a knife inserted in the center only comes out with a little crumbs)