How’s everyone doing this fine Monday? (It’s fine on my end, but I do know many places in Indonesia are dealing with earthquake, landslides, and also floods. My heart goes to you. Sending lots of positive vibes.)
We are having fairly mild Winter so far, but I heard polar vortex will be greeting us starting next week, which am so not looking forward to it. Who wants -40ish C. Not me ????
Back to recipe posting.
Today’s dish is Indonesian style butter chicken. It is so different from Indian style as it is sweet and dark in color ?
2,5 kg chicken thighs (or any parts)
1/3 c diced onion
5 garlic, sliced thinly
3 tbsp unsalted butter
1 1/4 c hot boiling water
3 tbsp liquid concentrate base, chicken
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp white pepper powder
At least 1/4 c sweet soy sauce, Indonesian brand preferably
1 tbsp white vinegar
Steps on the vid ?
- 2,5 kg chicken thighs or any parts
- 1/3 c diced onion
- 5 garlic sliced thinly
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 c hot boiling water
- 3 tbsp liquid concentrate base chicken
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
- At least 1/4 c sweet soy sauce Indonesian brand preferably
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- Saute garlic and onion with butter
- Stir in chicken pieces, coat until whitish
- Pour in hot water and the rest of the ingredients
- Cook covered until well done