Quicky post before I head out to drop off the boys to school. Hope this finds you guys well ?
Looooveee baking cookies. Wish I can bake various in a day and DAILY ? Yep, I am trying to gain some more weight ????
Nah. Just using up Halloween sweets. Normalky we would donate our sweets for Santa Parade and whatnot, but with pandemic, all good things are canceled, sadly, including the Santa Parade.
Today’s recipe is Double Chocolate Reese Cookies and they are wonderful big time.
At least 12 individual packaging of Reese pieces, the more the better
2 squares dark baking chocolate, 70%
1/2 c yellow vegetable shortening (butter flavor)
1 3/4 c sugar (watch the video)
2 c strong baker’s flour
1/2 tsp BSoda
1 tsp BP
A pinch of salt
2 tsp vanilla essence
1/3 c heavy cream (whipping cream)
A handful of semi sweet chocolate chips
Steps on the vid!
Double Chocolate Reese Cookies
- At least 12 individual packaging of Reese pieces the more the better
- 2 squares dark baking chocolate 70%
- 1/2 c yellow vegetable shortening butter flavor
- 1 3/4 c sugar watch the video
- 2 c strong baker’s flour
- 1/2 tsp BSoda
- 1 tsp BP
- A pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/3 c heavy cream whipping cream
- A handful of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Melt double chocolate in microwave
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl, set aside
- Cream shortening and sugar then beat in eggs and melted chocolate, plus vanilla essence
- Add in dry ingredients, alternating with the heavy cream
- Fold in Reese pieces and choc chips
- Chill dough for an H
- Scoop batter onto baking pan
- Bake 10-12 mins, preheated 350 F