Good morning ?
Christmas this year was definitely different. For the 1st time, we couldn’t really gather with friends and not even relatives, only your immediate household. At least here in BC, Canada. How about where you reside? How did you have your Christmas?
Regardless, we still made various foods, and tons of them ?
One of the menus was Tamales ? Not really Mexican per se, as I filled it with Indonesian flavored beef filling ?
Was so happy to find masa harina here at a local grocery store. Before, we always had to purchase them either while in the US or from Amazon ?
At least 500 g ground beef
1/3 – 1/2 c diced purple onion
1-2 c of chopped/sliced cabbage
1 tsp Ground cumin, or to taste
1/2 tsp fennel, more or less to your liking
At least 1/2 tsp cayenne powder, the more the better ?
Maggi liquid seasoning to taste
Indonesian sweet soy sauce, ABC brand is the best, to taste
Water, if needed, just enough
3 c masa harina
1-2 tsp ground cumin
1-2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp BP
1/2 c vegetable oil
3 c beef broth
Steps in the vid! ?
Cabbage and Beef Tamales
- At least 500 g ground beef
- 5 garlic
- 1/3 – 1/2 c diced purple onion
- 1-2 c of chopped/sliced cabbage
- 1 tsp Ground cumin or to taste
- 1/2 tsp fennel more or less to your liking
- At least 1/2 tsp cayenne powder the more the better ?
- Maggi liquid seasoning to taste
- Indonesian sweet soy sauce ABC brand is the best, to taste
- Water if needed, just enough
- 3 c masa harina
- 1-2 tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp BP
- 1/2 c vegetable oil
- 3 c beef broth
- Brown beef, stir in the other ingredients
- Season with Magi and ABC
- Pour in water if needed
- Cook until cabbage softened
- Cool to room temperature
- Mix everything in stand up mixer
- Spread dough on corn husk, place filling in center, fold
- Steam until well done