Another easy tutorial for making Halloween candy bowl 🙂 If before I posted a tutorial for Jack O’ Lantern themed candy bowl, this time it’s for the witches 😉
Hi ladies and gents!
Long week-end starting tomorrow here, in BC, Canada, woo-hoo!
What’s more awesome, it’s been sunny and a tad warm, 16 C, altho too freaking windy that most of my Halloween decorations on the porch got blown here and there, in other words, I have to fix them quite often lol
Just a quicky tutorial, for another candy bowl that I am entering to @stevescoins Halloween contest, and this time it is a WITCH theme 😀 As always, I will also be sharing this on instructables.com
At first, thinking I was done, the candy bowl looked like this, before I added the smaller size witch legs on the top picture. But my son and my husband thought it looked a bit plain, so I added the smaller witch legs (which was actually my old hair bando from past Halloween lol) and yep, they are both correct, it looks better (see top picture) with the small legs as decoration, don’t you think?
To make this candy bowl, you will need:
– 2 paper cups (Halloween themed paper cup)
– 2 witches stockings, whichever color, either orange black, or green black like mine
– tube packaging – depending how thick your tube/cylinder packaging is, you might need extra socks to build up a proper look of human legs.
– gorilla glue gun
– serrated knife/scissor
– Halloween decorations such as snakes and witches legs hair bando
– skirt material, can be tutu or Halloween themed rolls from bookstore/Dollarstore even
– high heels, I got mine from thrift store, less than $7
– foam, if needed (I needed foam because the size of the high heels were whatever thrift store had, right, and they were a tad bigger than I had hoped)
– Halloween themed plastic bowl
– Glue paper cups inside the high heels, securing round it with foam which also need to be glued to the inside of the high heels.
– Cut your cylinder packaging into same height, so you would make two, left and right legs. Insert socks and stockings and glue them to the paper cup.
– Glue the bowl on the top of the cylinder packaging, glue and wrap the skirt around, make it prettier with ribbon.
– Attach two more ribbons either on the sides of the high heels or on the front, whichever you think is best, and your candy bowl is basically ready!
– Decorate as you wish with the snakes or spiders, etc.