Hope this finds you well ?
The other day I shared how this end of the month I will be leaving my current job, right, well I accepted a (new) job offer already…..drum roll….from my youngest ????
He said and I quote, “Mommy, if I have a restaurant, do you want to be my cook?” ? We had a back and forth discussion on how I would be too old by the time he has his own restaurant and that I won’t have much energy to do anything, but I can always eat for free there, I said ????
Long story short, am starting at his pretend restaurant this coming August ? The 1st thing he wants me to cook? I really can’t explain it! He was talking about marshmallow-like goodies, dipped in yogurt, coated in coconut and so on ?
That’s gonna be interesting ?
Today’s recipe is CREAMY rhubarb dessert ????
You can use Hungarian turo (cottage cheese), if not plain cream cheese blocks.
Please follow the exact cooking temperature!
400 g honey Graham crumbs
1/2 c melted unsalted butter
2 blocks cream cheese
1/2 c sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 – 1/3 c rhubarb butter
2 tbsp rhubarb butter
Details in the vlog ?
- 400 g honey Graham crumbs
- 1/2 c melted unsalted butter
- 2 blocks cream cheese
- 1/2 c sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 – 1/3 c rhubarb butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp rhubarb butter
- Dump crumbs into pan, add in melted butter, mix, press onto bottom to side up
- Bake 5 mins on preheated 325 F, set aside
- Cream cream cheese with sugar and vanilla, until completely combined
- Scrape sides to center
- Add in rhubarb jam/butter, mix again
- Scrape sides to center again
- Beat in eggs one at a time, until just combine
- Fold in 2 tbsp rhubarb jam, with spatula
- Pour batter onto prepared crust
- Bake on preheated 325 F until center is somewhat set, 40-45 mins
- Cool to room temperature then chill it overnight