Why, hello there!
Long time no see, I hope you guys been well ?
I was sick for close to 2 weeks long, then when I slowly returned to work, I decided it was time to move on. At the end of this month is my last day at the current job. In short, life has been hectic and I freaking missed Hiveing!
How are you enjoying Summer break? I like having the boys at home. I cannot spend time with them much unfortunately. Wish I could go back be a stay at home mom, but I can’t give up steady paycheck now ????
Especially prices went up. Gas prices CRAZY, grocery prices CRAZY, and yet wage isn’t going up, sooooo yeah, CRAAAAAZZZYYY ?
Anyhoo. Let’s get back to recipe sharing!
You can fill the dumplings with whatever fruits or preserves you prefer should plums aren’t available (or if you don’t like plums)!
5 large potatoes
Enough water to cover the potatoes
A pinch or two of salt, to flavor the water
1 tsp salt
Enough flour, 1 cup as a starter (watch the vlog)
3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 box of plain bread crumbs (300 g)
Details in the vlog ????
- 5 large potatoes
- Enough water to cover the potatoes
- A pinch or two of salt to flavor the water
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp salt
- Enough flour 1 cup as a starter (watch the vlog)
- Pitted plums
- Brown sugar
- Cinnamon powder
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 box of plain bread crumbs 300 g
- Icing sugar
- Boil potatoes until tender, mash, cool to room temperature
- Add in eggs, salt, mix
- Add in enough flour, start from 1 c of flour, until you produce soft dough, but not wet (watch the vlog!)
- Halve and pit the plums
- Roll dough flat (watch the vlog!)
- Slice into portions (of squares)
- Place enough brown sugar on each square
- Sprinkle with cinnamon powder
- Place sliced plums on top of sugar
- Shape into rounds
- Bring water to boil, drop dumplings, and cook until floating
- Meanwhile, heat oil and fry bread crumbs til browning, take off from heat
- Roll cooked dumplings on fried bread crumbs, to coat
- Serve with sprinkled icing sugar