Hi Beautiful Peeps!
I hope this finds you well.
Life has been so hectic here. We are in fogs warning daily (its almost a week or so now), driving even in the afternoon has been wild with the foggy days. Garbage and recycle bins weren’t picked up for days, and still haven’t picked up as am writing now, due to short staff. I have been working extra hours now and then too, plus, had to stay hours and hours at ER (short staff and docs in this town for several years now), twice, for ear infection is…meh, mind blowing. Sickness that isn’t ER worthy, would obviously make you the last one to be called, even when you are a baby. A bit sad of a system, but what can you do when you cannot see your family doctor 🙄🤪🙄🤪 Joy time…5, 6, 7 H waiting time if not more, occasionally. Yikes!
Wish the power that be would realize, ER is definitely not for the littles. There’s always a person or two, in hand cuff and shackles, with police officers left and right in the waiting room. Then there’s the overdosed people, having a scene, making kids covered their ears and jumped to their parents. Crazy time always, at the ER. But of course due to short staff and docs, nothing that regular Joes and Janes, plus Billy and Bob, can do, but clogging ER with non ER worthy sickness 😬
Oh em geeeee. I mumbled a lot when all I wanted was to share this YUMMO chocolate banana bread of mine 😛
4 medium-large size ripe banana (should make 300-335 g, without the skin)
150 g dark brown sugar
150 ml milk
1 medium size lemon
70 ml extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp Mexican vanilla blend
250 g enriched flour
3-4 tbsp Hershey’s cocoa powder
1 tsp BSoda
A pinch of fine sea salt
Steps in the vid!
Chocolate Banana Bread
- 4 medium-large size ripe banana should make 300-335 g, without the skin
- 150 g dark brown sugar
- 150 ml milk
- 1 medium size lemon
- 70 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp Mexican vanilla blend
- 250 g enriched flour
- 3-4 tbsp Hershey’s cocoa powder
- 1 tsp BSoda
- A pinch of fine sea salt
- Squeeze lemon into milk, let stand til curdle
- In a food processor, process into smooth mixture of banana, sugar, oil, vanilla, curdled milk
- In a bowl mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt
- Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, mix until just combined
- Pour into parchment lined loaf pan
- Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean at preheated 350 F