Hope your week was off to a good start. It is 3 PM here and crappy weather we are having atm. Yesterday was wonderful, today has been wet and windy since morning again.
So…warm sweet buns to the rescue ?
These following buns are filled with apple pie filling. Obviously you can fill your buns with whatever you wish, savory to sweet vice versa, but I found a bag of frozen apple pie filling that I prepared some months ago. So I thawed it and used it for the filling ?
2 1/2 c of strong baker’s enriched flour
2 tsp instant yeast
4 tsp icing sugar
A pinch of fine sea salt
200 ml lukewarm water
1 tbsp golden shortening (butter flavor)
Apple pie filling (homemade or storebought) – for homemade, check recipe posted a couple post down ?
Steps on the vid!
- 2 1/2 c of strong baker’s enriched flour
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 4 tsp icing sugar
- A pinch of fine sea salt
- 200 ml lukewarm water
- 1 tbsp golden shortening butter flavor
- Apple pie filling homemade or storebought – for homemade, check recipe posted a couple post down ?
- Place dry ingredients in a bowl
- Pour in water, mix
- Knead in shortening
- Cover, let rest an H
- Divide @50 g each, roll flat
- Place filling in center, shape into round
- Let rest for 15 mins
- Steam for 15-20 mins