One of my closest friends from high-school surprised me on International Women’s Day the other day. She’s 26 weeks pregnant! So happy for her 😍😍😍😍 Wish Canada and Australia aren’t far from each other, I so want to see her. But meh….regardless, pandemic. Can’t really travel 🤪
Hope you have been well?!
I have a recipe for homemade red bean paste to share today.
If you live in bigger cities or Asian foods are common, it’s easy to find Japanese red bean paste usually. In my town? I have always had to make myself 🤪
2 can red kidney beans
3 c sugar
Sea salt to taste
Water as needed
Steps in the vid!
Homemade Red Bean Paste
- 2 can red kidney beans
- 3 c sugar
- Sea salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Boil beans with sugar and a little salt, until sugar dissolved/melted and liquid almost gone
- Take off from heat, mash and let cool to room temperature
- Place sugary beans into food processor, add in enough water, and process until smooth
- Pour bean mixture into a non stick pot, cook until no liquid whatsoever and turn into thick paste that would be moldable
- Use in baked goods or freeze for later use