Don’t you just hate it when you follow TV series, after awhile the network cancel it or they stop airing it and its played on another network or new season(s) a year or two later, and you don’t remember the previous episodes ? Yeah world’s first problem ?
I keep reading Supernatural and Bones, but they are both gone from Netflix, so reading news or updates about them are pretty much annoying but I can’t help it to find out ?
Back to recipe video sharing. I have an Indonesian traditional cake called Kue Lapis (kue is cake, lapis is layers, so it’s layer cake ?), with pumpkin as one of the main ingredient. It is pumpkin season after all ?
230 g pumpkin puree
800 ml coconut milk (from 2 cans)
250 – 255 g rice flour
100 – 105 g tapioca flour
1 1/4 – 1 1/2 c sugar
a pinch of coarse Kosher salt
2 tbsp Hershey’s cocoa powder
2 tsp Mexican vanilla essence
Click the vid for the steps!
- 230 g pumpkin puree
- 800 ml coconut milk from 2 cans
- 250 – 255 g rice flour
- 100 – 105 g tapioca flour
- 1 1/4 – 1 1/2 c sugar
- a pinch of coarse Kosher salt
- 2 tbsp Hershey’s cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Mexican vanilla essence
- Pour coconut milk into a heat proof bowl, microwave for at least 2 minutes (you want warm milk, not scorching hot)
- Mix rice flour, tapioca flour, and salt in a bowl, pour half of the coconut milk, whisk/stir to combine completely
- Pour the rest of the coconut milk into an electric blender, followed with pumpkin puree and flour mixture
- Process mixture until well combined, then strain
- Divide batter into two bowls
- Mix one bowl with vanilla essence and cocoa powder, whisk/stir to combine completely
- Preheat a steamer
- Coat a loaf pan with vegetable oil
- Pour 1/2 c batter (either the regular or the chocolate first, is up to you) into pan, cover the steamer with its lid, steam for 3-4 minutes
- Pour the next 1/2 c batter (if 1st layer was regular, pour chocolate next), steam for 3-4 minutes
- Repeat steps, creating stripes, layers of regular and chocolate batter, one after another, until all batter is used up. Each time, steam for 3-4 minutes
- Once all batter used up, steam the whole cake for 15-18 minutes
- Cool to room temperature before slicing and serving