What’s Up, Peeps ?
Been windy and cold here. All those pretty colorful Autumn leaves that I love staring at (and playing burried-under) fell to the ground one by one. Some trees even have none left now. Winter soon. Brrrrr ????
The good thing is, now it’s soup and chili season, yum ???? As if I need certain season for those, but chili and soup daily, would not be frowned upon much when the dialy cold and freezing temperatures is here ?
Speaking of soup, I have Sop Ayam (chicken soup) to share today. It is Indonesian style chicken soup ?
5 chicken drum sticks
2.5 L water
2 handful baby potatoes
2 handful baby carrots
2 celery stalks
2 green onion
A bunch of flat parsley
1 small onion
1-2 handful macaroni
1 can red kidney beans, rinsed
2 chicken bouillon
Vegeta powder to taste (think I forgot to mention in the vid)
A generous pinch or two white pepper powder
Click the vid for steps ?
Indonesian Chicken Soup (Sop Ayam)
- 5 chicken drum sticks
- 2.5 L water
- 2 handful baby potatoes
- 2 handful baby carrots
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 green onion
- A bunch of flat parsley
- 1 small onion
- 4-5 garlic
- 1-2 handful macaroni
- 1 can red kidney beans rinsed
- 2 chicken bouillon
- ground white pepper to taste
- Vegeta powder to taste think I forgot to mention in the vid
- Bring chicken and water to a boil, skim off scums, boil fully for 10 mins
- Add in veggies, boil for another 10 mins
- Meanwhile make paste of onion, garlic, and a little water – using food processor
- Pour paste into the pot, stir
- Season soup with Vegeta, chicken bouillon, white pepper powder
- Drop in macaroni, cook until potatoes and macaroni soften
- Add in rinsed beans, cook for another 8-10 mins
- Serve with rice (Indonesians do serve the soup with rice even though the soup has macaroni already ;-))