This porridge is known as Bubur Kacang Hijau (bubur is porridge in English, while kacang hijau is mung bean), and it is sweet ????
Indonesians can have it anytime throughout the day, as breakfast, dessert, or truly anytime ?
I used ginger powder in my recipe as I do not have fresh ginger, which of course in Indonesia, we would use fresh ginger instead. If it wasnt due to Covid19, I could drive to the grocery store to get fresh ginger, but ?♂️?♀️ ginger powder is as good ?
400 g mung beans, rinse and soak for 2 H
10-12 c water
1 fragrant leaf (Pandan)
A pinch of ginger
1/4 c brown sugar
1 box creamed coconut (141 g)
A generous pinch of salt
Bubur Kacang Ijo
Indonesian mung bean dessert soup
- 400 g mung beans rinse and soak for 2 H
- 10-12 c water
- 1 fragrant leaf Pandan
- A pinch of ginger
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1 c sugar
- 1 box creamed coconut 141 g
- A generous pinch of salt
- Boil 6 c of water
- Add in mung beans and pandan leaf, plus ginger.
- Boil beans for 25-30 mins, covered
- Continue boiling until beans are broken and tender, adding 2 c of hot boiling water, each time needed
- Add in sugars and creamed coconut, pour in more hot water (at least 2-4 c), adjusting sugar should you like sweeter
- Add in a pinch of salt
[…] I made hybrids from my previous post of Mung Bean Porridge […]