Come meet my last entry for the Halloween contest on steemit.com ( I am planning to enter it to instructables as well :D), the beautiful SADAKO (Sadako Yamamura), the ghost from The Ring.
My 4 yo calls her as his friend and hugs her much, but of course he has not seen the horror movie lol
Have you seen the movie? The Japanese version is obviously much better than the American version, IMO.
Honestly, we just finished making Sadako like 20 mins ago. Doing everything in a rush since today is the last day for the Halloween contest.
Her structure was made last night, but her dress and hair was added less than half hour ago.
We planned to hang her somewhere near the roof, but since I have to send my entry, for now she is by our U-Haul van hahah
Sadly this is the last day, but this was the initial post for the contest should you like to check out the other participants! https://steemit.com/halloween/@stevescoins/halloween-2018-open-medium-contest-20-shares-steembasicincome-as-prize
Participants were allowed to enter ANY Halloween related material (art, fiction, photography, non-fiction, horror) you like: This is a free form contest. We were also allowed to enter multiple times but we also have to link the actual post and send in our own creations as long as they are not more than 6 mo old.
Here are my picture-steps in making Sadako 😀
Materials are mainly from Dollarstore
- skull from Dollarstore
- two skeleton hands from Dollarstore
- 2 wigs from Dollarstore
- 1/2 inch PVC ppie, about 12 ft long
- a couple of T fitting/connection and elbow fitting/connection
- glue gun
- black tape
- old unused bed sheet
- some cloth safety pins
- The height of the ghost is up to you obviously, but she is about 5 ft in height, as tall as me haha
- Basically you will be making a shoulder, where you will be attaching the skeleton hands, and for that you would want to glue gun the elbow fitting to the pvc pipe so your structure would look like a T shape. Before this though, you would want to glue the skull first to a pvc pipe, then with another pipe by using strong black tape, make the shoulder, which then at each ends you will glue the skeleton hands.
- With the same you would want to cut two small pieces of PVC pipe to make the hip. For this, you would need the T fitting, so glue the two small pipes to each sides of the T fitting.
- With two more T fittings, you will be attaching two long pipes as the legs and your structure is ready 🙂
- Glue 1 wig onto skull and 1 wig onto the chin of the skull (because those Dollarstore wigs aren’t long enough, but we need looooong ghostly hair, so this is the way hahah)
- Before gluing the wigs tho, fold a bed sheet in half, then snip a little hole in center which will go through the skull. So the bed sheet should fall on the shoulder structure, like a gown
- With safety pins, just pin here and there especially on the hands area to show the hands, obv
- Also use some safety pins along the legs structure so should there be a stronger wind blowing, the structure would still be covered.
- Push the structure into ground and your Sadako is ready 😀 (you can of course hang her somewhere if you like, which would be creepier when the wind blowing :))
You will need nylon – for fishing, to secure Sadako should you hang her up and whatnot, if you decide to hang her up!
And here she is taken just now, at 5.48 PM, a bit darker outside, just wanted to show you how she looks like at evening hahaha