I have a very nice marinade recipe that is perfect for making beef jerky at home ?
My SO likes beef jerky, either for snacking while he plays Battle Field on Play Station, or when he has lunch break at work.
He would spend much buying commercial beef jerky, so I thought maybe I could prepare some myself.
Well not really hours-long jerky, just beef slices that I made for my youngest who likes jerky so much
While mine is more to beef pieces rather than jerky thin slices, you can definitely slice your beef to longer and thin pieces, better if you have meat slicer, which I do not have ?
Real beef jerky requires long hours in the cooking, while my beef pieces was done in oven for less than an hour. But for sure, the marinade is sooooo good ?
- beef slices
- a few drops each of of Worcester sauce, sesame oil, liquid smoke, soy sauce, and thick soy sauce (depending on the brand, you may add a little sugar, so you would get that sweeter taste a commercial jerky would have)
- marinade beef for 20 minutes
- preheat oven to 400 F and bake beef for 40 minutes
The Perfect Beef Jerky Marinade
- thin slices of meat
- a couple drops Worcestershire sauce
- a couple drops sesame oil
- a couple drops of liquid smoke
- enough soy sauce
- enough kecap manis thick and sweet soy sauce
- marinate meat in sauce for 15-20 minutes
- bake for 40 minutes in preheated 400 F