Entry to our IndoRecipe Flickr Competition
By: Pinot & Dita
* 1½ cups glutinous powder
* ¾ cup lukewarm water
* 2-3 drops green food coloring
* 8 tsp. grated coconut sugar
* 1 cup fresh-grated coconut, mixed with ½ tsp. salt
* Mix the rice powder with the lukewarm water and green food coloring into a firm but flexible dough.
* Pull off one full teaspoon of the dough and shape it into a ball with approximately 1-inch in diameter.
* Push a finger into the center of the ball to make a hole, and put in approximately ½ tsp. of the grated sugar. Seal, and roll it back into the ball shape with the palms of your hands. Prepare all the balls and set them aside.
* Prepare a pot half filled with water and bring it to a boil.
* Drop the balls into the boiling water. Remove the balls with a spoon once they float to the water surface and then roll the balls in the grated coconut.
* Serve at room temperature.
Makes 30 rice balls.