How are you doing this Saturday? For us, we are good despite the cold day we are having here. Am relaxing on my oldest son’s bean bag while typing this, and watching my youngest playing Minecraft, at the same time ? My oldest is at a friend’s house, for birthday sleep over, so I have to entertain my youngest, as he gets lonely without his older brother ?
I have a very simple chocolate bread or chocolate loaf recipe to share today. Instead using egg(s), I used mayonnaise in the mixture, producing a nice moist loaf ?
You can serve the loaf as is, but also, it would be super great with ganache, and/or nice with chocolate frosting, or even just sprinkled with icing sugar. But for us, as is, is enough ?
2 c enriched flour
1 c flour
1/2 c Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Truffle Cocoa mix (watch the vlog)
2 heaping tsp Hershey’s cocoa powder
2 tsp BSoda
A generous pinch of fine sea salt
1 1/4 c mayo
1 c lukewarm water
2 tsp vanilla essence
Details in the vlog!
Moist Chocolate Loaf
- 2 c enriched flour
- 1 c flour
- 1/2 c Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Truffle Cocoa mix watch the vlog
- 2 heaping tsp Hershey’s cocoa powder
- 2 tsp BSoda
- A generous pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 1/4 c mayo
- 1 c lukewarm water
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl
- Add in wet ingredients, mix to combine well
- Pour into parchment line loaf pan
- Bake 35-45 mins on preheated 350 F