Windy but gorgeous day we had today. Spent half hour outside, sunbathing with the boys. I still don’t feel 100% well but at least no bed resting for me today. I did nap though. Love naps ?
Throughout the day I could see so many passerby, families with dogs, couples with dogs, kids with bikes, and for sure the neighborhood started gardening, cleaning their front yards and whatnot. Yep. I spied with my four eyes ? From the comfort of my living room. I wasn’t bed resting, but I did lounging under my throw blanket, looking outside my window ?
Sadly, now we are having a cloudy evening. Forecast says it’s gonna rain. Meh.
How was your Sunday????
For today’s recipe, I have a nice bundt cake to share ? Great as is, superb with the glaze.
2 1/2 c flour
2 tsp BP
1/2 – 1 tsp fine sea salt
1 c unsalted butter
1/4 c extra light olive oil
1 1/2 c sugar
3/4 c buttermilk
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp lime juice
1/2 c icing sugar
2 tsp each lime juice and Cointreau orange liquor
Click the vlog for details ?
- 2 1/2 c flour
- 2 tsp BP
- 1/2 – 1 tsp fine sea salt
- 1 c unsalted butter
- 1/4 c extra light olive oil
- 1 1/2 c sugar
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 c buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 c icing sugar
- 2 tsp each lime juice and Cointreau orange liquor
- Mix flour, BP, salt in a bowl
- Cream butter, add in olive oil
- Beat in sugar
- Beat in 1 egg at a time
- Add in dry ingredients a little at a time, alternating with buttermilk, and essence plus lime juice
- Do not overmixed.
- Dump batter onto greased and floured bundt pan, tap a couple of times to remove air bubbles
- Bake on preheated 325 F, 60 mins
- Let cool in pan before cooling on rack
- Let cool completely before glazing (mix icing sugar with lime juice and Cointreau)