It is a very warm day here in BC, Canada, 37 C. Super sunny, super bright, aaaannnddd humid ? Not complaining much, maybe ? We need this hot, hot, hot days as opposed to flooding last year ? Super grateful for AC big time though ?
The other day we went to the only Asian store in town, it’s a Filipino store, so mainly they sell products from the Philippines. Occasionaly though, they have fresh produce that I am super familiar with and haven’t been eating for months or even years. Such as water spinach a.k.a Kangkung.
In Indonesia we have this dish called Kangkung Tauco, which is stir fry water spinach with fermented soy beans. Soooo simple yet so good.
So when I saw Kangkung at the store, which was suuuuppper rare. I grabbed 3 of them. But holy moly, 1 bag was like $8ish. Crazy.
I tried to find Tauco to no luck, sadly, so I kinda just made a stir fry in the end, which I know the boys would eat them with no complaints ? I do have to be honest, if I could have found Tauco, I wouldn’t share at all ✌✌✌✌
The following stir fry is not what Kangkung Tauco would taste like, totally different, as again, I prepared stir fry that would pass the boys pickiness ?
You can serve as is, but of course for us, everything is awesome with warm rice…well except pizza ? So we served ours with rice.
1 bag of Kangkung, slice/chop roughly
1/4 of a large cabbage, slice into smaller pieces
1 bag of fish balls, slice/quartered
1 bag of raw large shrimps
1/4 c of unsalted butter
Vegeta powder, to taste (or Royco/Masako)
Sesame oil, to taste
Water, as needed (at least 1/4 c)
Heat your pan, melt the butter
Saute garlic til fragrant, followed with sliced fish balls, cook until browning
Stir in shrimps and cook until changed in color (turn into pinkish)
Give a quick rinse to your veggies and drop them into the pan, stir and cook until a bit tender
Season with Vegeta, add in a littler water, and a drop or two sesame oil
Serve immediately ????
- 1 bag of Kangkung slice/chop roughly
- 1/4 of a large cabbage slice into smaller pieces
- 1 bag of fish balls slice/quartered
- 1 bag of raw large shrimps
- 1/4 c of unsalted butter
- 5 garlic
- Vegeta powder to taste (or Royco/Masako)
- Sesame oil to taste
- Water as needed (at least 1/4 c)
- Heat your pan, melt the butter
- Saute garlic til fragrant, followed with sliced fish balls, cook until browning
- Stir in shrimps and cook until changed in color (turn into pinkish)
- Give a quick rinse to your veggies and drop them into the pan, stir and cook until a bit tender
- Season with Vegeta, add in a littler water, and a drop or two sesame oil
- Serve immediately ????