Hey, Hey, Hey, Beautiful People !
How are you enjoying the long weekend? Has Easter Bunny visited yet?
My boys were spoiled with various Math books from the Easter Bunny 🤣😁🤣😁 But of course, some bunny shaped chocolates too, but not too much.
When the pandemic hit and school was shut down for months, mine had and still having a hard time catching up on math subjects. Poor kids. Crazy time we are all having, hey.
I have a bread filled apple to share today. It is not shaped round or anything cute. It’s more to a slab bread. Slice and serve. Yummo especially served warm, sprinkled with icing sugar.
I decorated it with Nordic gnome cut outs made from the dough 😁
4 c strong baker’s flour
1 tbsp active dry yeast
3-5 tbsp icing sugar (adjust to your liking for sweetness)
1 c lukewarm milk
1 c lukewarm water
1/2 c unsalted butter
15 apples (more for better and thicker filling)
3-5 tbsp monkfruit sugar
Cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, ground clove, allspice powder to taste
Steps in the vid!
Nordic Gnome Easter Apple Bread
- 4 c strong baker’s flour
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 3-5 tbsp icing sugar adjust to your liking for sweetness
- 1 c lukewarm milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 c lukewarm water
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 15 apples more for better and thicker filling
- 3-5 tbsp monkfruit sugar
- Cinnamon powder nutmeg powder, ground clove, allspice powder to taste
- Soften yeast in lukewarm milk
- Mix flour, sugar in a bowl
- Pour in yeast and add in eggs
- Knead in butter
- Let dough rest while making filling
- Skin and core apples
- Then grate
- Mix grated apples with monkfruit sugar, season with spices
- Divide dough into two, roll flat each for bottom and top
- Lay bottom dough on parchment paper lined rectangle pan
- Squeeze grated apple from its juice, then spread on pan
- Top with another flat dough, poke holes
- Brush top with spiced apple juice
- Bake for 40 mins on preheated 350 F