Hey, Hey, Hey, Beautiful People !
How are you enjoying the long weekend? Has Easter Bunny visited yet?
My boys were spoiled with various Math books from the Easter Bunny ???? But of course, some bunny shaped chocolates too, but not too much.
When the pandemic hit and school was shut down for months, mine had and still having a hard time catching up on math subjects. Poor kids. Crazy time we are all having, hey.
I have a bread filled apple to share today. It is not shaped round or anything cute. It’s more to a slab bread. Slice and serve. Yummo especially served warm, sprinkled with icing sugar.
I decorated it with Nordic gnome cut outs made from the dough ?
4 c strong baker’s flour
1 tbsp active dry yeast
3-5 tbsp icing sugar (adjust to your liking for sweetness)
1 c lukewarm milk
1 c lukewarm water
1/2 c unsalted butter
15 apples (more for better and thicker filling)
3-5 tbsp monkfruit sugar
Cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder, ground clove, allspice powder to taste
Steps in the vid!
Nordic Gnome Easter Apple Bread
- 4 c strong baker’s flour
- 1 tbsp active dry yeast
- 3-5 tbsp icing sugar adjust to your liking for sweetness
- 1 c lukewarm milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 c lukewarm water
- 1/2 c unsalted butter
- 15 apples more for better and thicker filling
- 3-5 tbsp monkfruit sugar
- Cinnamon powder nutmeg powder, ground clove, allspice powder to taste
- Soften yeast in lukewarm milk
- Mix flour, sugar in a bowl
- Pour in yeast and add in eggs
- Knead in butter
- Let dough rest while making filling
- Skin and core apples
- Then grate
- Mix grated apples with monkfruit sugar, season with spices
- Divide dough into two, roll flat each for bottom and top
- Lay bottom dough on parchment paper lined rectangle pan
- Squeeze grated apple from its juice, then spread on pan
- Top with another flat dough, poke holes
- Brush top with spiced apple juice
- Bake for 40 mins on preheated 350 F