Rainy days here. Great for the flowers, bit not so much for my sons who like to be on the swing set and the trampoline ?
Rainy days also mean they caught the cold. They have been coughing, sneezing, snorting yuck ? Poor kids.
Last week they started volunteering at our local library, they liked it, and they said they want to do it every time I go, which is every Saturday. However, I don’t think I can take them in tomorrow as they really coughing and snorting much ????
Today’s recipe is one of my childhood faved Indonesian traditional cakes, Prol Tape. My mom used to sell this cake at a store called Hero ?
The main ingredient for the Prol Tape cake is….drum roll….tape singkong, which is fermented cassava ????
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 1/4 c sugar
2 tbsp sugar
800 g fermented cassava (tape singkong)
1 1/4 c AP flour
2 tbsp AP flour
400 ml melted butter
Young coconut meat, if available
Click the vlog for details ?
- 6 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 1/4 c sugar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 800 g fermented cassava tape singkong
- 1 1/4 c AP flour
- 2 tbsp AP flour
- 400 ml melted butter
- Grated cheese
- Young coconut meat if available
- Beat eggs, essence, sugars, until foamy and nice
- Remove fiber from fermented cassava
- Beat in fermented cassava, a little at a time
- Add in flour, mix with spatula
- Mix in melted butter
- Bake on preheated 350 F for 40-60 mins, knife inserted comes out clean