Good morning, Guys!
It’s a miserable wet morning at the moment. Raining all night long and still. Are you like me? Love the rain, or the snow, as long as you are home ???? When I don’t have to go no where, I do enjoy them much, I have to say. Love the big window in my bedroom where I can lay on the bed and just stare outside. But meh, I’m only able to do so when it’s weekends, and often, rain and snow are hardly on weekends ? But yeah, I prefer sunny weekends so I can have fun, altho that means no naps, boo-hoo ? Rain drops sound, or watching falling snow, makes me sleepy ????
For today’s recipe sharing, I have an easy one. In Indonesia we call it “Bolen Pisang”, a banana filled puff pastry, not to be mistaken with “Pisang Molen”, banana wrapped in dough.
While Bolen Pisang is always oven baked, Pisang Molen is always fried. But also, one is with puff pastry, while the other is bread like dough ?
1 box buttery puff pastry, thawed
3 ripe plantains
2 heaping tbsp sugar
1/4 c unsalted butter
1 egg or 1 yolk, beaten
Chocolate rice (similar to chocolate sprinkles, but chocolate based instead sugar based)
Grated cheese and/or cubed cheese
Steps in the vlog!
- 1 box buttery puff pastry thawed
- 3 ripe plantains
- 2 heaping tbsp sugar
- 1/4 c unsalted butter
- 1 egg or 1 yolk beaten
- Chocolate rice similar to chocolate sprinkles, but chocolate based instead sugar based
- Grated cheese and/or cubed cheese
- Slice plantains, place into a plate, add sugar, and butter. Microwave until butter melted.
- Lay and slice thawed puff pastry into portions. Roll a bit to widen
- Place plantain in center, with chocolate rice or cheese, or a mixture
- Seam to seal, shaping into a cube/rectangular
- Place onto parchment lined baking pan
- Brush with beaten yolk
- Sprinkle top with either chocolate rice or grated cheese
- Bake on preheated 350 F until golden brown