Good Morning, Friends!
It is so lovely outside. Not too smoggy ? I haven’t check latest news for the fires surrounding the province, though, but hopefully this nice morning is a good sign of some sorts, here is hoping!
I made chocolate fudge later afternoon, yesterday and slice them earlier. Was good to have a bite after we had breakfast ? Yup, fudge for breakfast, and I wonder why I’m fat ????
Here is the recipe (this is the base recipe I often use when I make fudge. It is simple and can be turned into various flavor/style of chocolate fudge), should you like to try!
1 2/3 c sugar (perfect for semi sweet to dark chocolate fudge) – can lessen by 1/3 c if you prefer less sweet fudge
2/3 c evaporated milk
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
2 tbsp unsalted butter
2 c mini marshmallow
1 1/2 c semi sweet chocolate chips
1 tsp Mexican vanilla blend
100 g slivered almond, toasted or untoasted (or optional)
Steps in the vid! ?
- 1 2/3 c sugar perfect for semi sweet to dark chocolate fudge – can lessen by 1/3 c if you prefer less sweet fudge
- 2/3 c evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 c mini marshmallow
- 1 1/2 c semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tsp Mexican vanilla blend
- 100 g slivered almond toasted or untoasted (or optional)
- Bring sugar, milk, salt, and butter to boiling, stirring continuously
- Take off from heat, stir in marshmallow and chocolate chips, plus vanilla
- Stir in almond
- Pour into tray, cool to room temperature completely before chilling it overnight in the fridge
- Cut and serve