I am Pregnant!
chocolate carrot cake with fudge frosting
- 1 1/2 c finely grated carrots about 6 carrots and you can use food processor for more smooth result - kids can be picky when they see carrot threads in the cake, so processing it until super smooth would do the trick!
- 3/4 c granulated sugar
- 1/2 c canola oil or other cooking oil of your preference
- 1 c Boiling water
- 1 1/2 c whole wheat flour you can use AP flour
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder or allspice powder for richer flavor
- 1 1/2 tsp BP
- a pinch of salt
- 2 oz bittersweet/dark/unsweetened chocolate whichever is fine, chopped into small pieces
- 2 c icing sugar
- 1/4 c butter or margarine is fine
- 3 tbsp milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
Preheat oven to 350F.
In a large bowl, combine carrots, sugar & oil. Pour water over the mixture. In a separate bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Add to the carrot mixture & mix well. Pour into a non-stick or lightly oiled 8" square pan. Bake for 25-35 minutes, depending your oven.
Place everything into a pot and heat over low-medium heat until butter and chocolate melted. Take off from heat and stir until smooth. Beat frosting frequently. As its cooling down, it will thickening. Once it's reached the consistency to your liking, use immediately to cover/decorate the cake.
I decorated the cake with chocolate transfer as you can see on the picture :)