Telur Bumbu Petis
Eggs In Shrimp Paste Sauce
- 1/4 cup water or as needed
- 1 1/2 tbsp of shredded palm sugar
- vegetable oil
- 4 red hot chilies halved
- 3 cloves of garlic crushed
- 8-10 eggs hard boiled, peeled from the skin
- 2 tbsp of Indonesian Petis soft shrimp paste , or as needed
- sugar salt, and MSG to taste (substitute MSG with seasoned salt if you like)
Saute the crushed garlic with the chilies in medium heat then add in the rest of ingredients minus the eggs. Mix well until the desired taste reached.
Add the peeled eggs into the mixture, cook for about 5 more minutes. Turn off the stove.
Pour eggs onto a serving plate, and press a bit to flatten the eggs then pour the sauce onto the eggs.
Serve with warm rice.